Paypoint will be unavailable in all stores after 13th March 2019
After 13th March this store will no longer offering Paypoint services (this includes Collect Plus). We know that this may be disappointing news for some of our customers. Unfortunately, Paypoint have made the decision to retire our yellow terminal from service.
So why do we not have a replacement terminal coming into store?
1.Paypoint has been a loss making service for us for many years now. The new terminal costs four times the current system, with no extra benefits.
2. We have had an increasing number of customer service issues with Paypoint. Unfortunately, once a voucher is printed, Paypoint does not enable us to just cancel these vouchers. This has resulted in customer disappointment and a huge amount of staff time trying to resolve these issues with Paypoint. Most, if not all of the refunds issued have been at our expense (not Paypoint’s).
3. The new terminal is part of a new cash till system which is not compatible with our Coop ordering system.
So where can I find these services after 13th March 2019?
- Mobile top-up? Try the ATM, yes you can top-up via our ATM
- Gas or electric? Ask your supplier about “Smart Pay As You Go”, this will let you top-up via their Website or via an app. Most of the supplies support this including British Gas!
- Bill payments? Try the Post Office
- Other Paypoint terminals:
FH – Colemans Confectioners, 50 Commercial Road Southampton, SO15 1GD
HP – Westquay Shopping Centre, Shopmobility, SO14 7EG
LQ – Isaac Newsagents, 39-41 Queensway, SO14 3BL